Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mojo Monday - Home Sweet Home Card Using Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge

Hi creative bloggers!  I finally finished my card for the Mojo Monday 238 Challenge.  It was very challenging for me.  I have no depth perception and cutting a straight line or lining things up is a big challenge even with all the gizmo's I own to help me.  I was born blind in my right eye and I think that is why I have such a challenge with straight lines; but it could be just me - not the eye!  HA!!

Here is my card for the Mojo Monday 238 Challenge using the sketch they provided this week.  I had to remove the scallop and circles on my first card as the colors didn't quite look right and start over again.  So here is my second attempt to create this card.  I hope you enjoy this. 


Here is the sketch from Mojo Monday 238 Challenge for this week.  I used a 6 1/2 x 5 white base card from Recollections, cut the scrap page to 6 x 4 1/2, then cut 9 rectangles sized 2 x 1 1/2. 

I just purchased a retired CTMH stamp set called "Chair To You".  I love CTMH stamp sets as they are very clear and the sentiments/words are easy to read when using them.  They also clean up very nicely, especially if you use the "Double Scrubber" with "My Acrylic Spritz Cleaner".  You will enjoy your stamps for years if you use this cleaning method for all your stamps.  I used a tag on CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge with a little house already cut out on it.  Here is the close up of the chair and the sentiment. I just love this stamp set.  Isn't that tag so cute with the little house cut out of it?



Dimensions of layers for this card:
Used CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge

I cut the scrap page to 6 x 4 1/2, then cut 9 rectangles sized 2 x 1 1/2. 
White card base 6 1/2 x 5 from Recollections
Brown scallop layer -  pg 31 AP cart handbook
Orange circle - 2 1/2 inches - pg 21 AP cart handbook
Peach circle - 2 1/4 inches - pg 21 AP cart handbook
Orange tag with house cut out - 2 1/4 inches - pg 42 AP cart handbook
Peach tag with house cut out - 2 inches - pg 42 AP cart handbook



Supplies used for this card:
Card base - White - 6 1/2 x 5 Recollections
Paper - Scraps from g.c.d. studios - Daydream Ensemble
Orange cardstock for scallop and tag - DCWV textured cardstock
Ink for chair & sentiment - CTMH cocoa exclusive ink
Ribbon - Offray 1/8 inch
Stamp for sentiment and chair - CTMH Chairs To You (retired)





I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Mojo Monday - Challenge 38 - Sketch
Art With No Boundaries - Challenge #6 - Anything goes
Craft Us Crazy - Challenge #26 -  Favorite stamp company and/or found inspiration!
Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog - On the street where you live
S J Crafts Shop Blog - Challenge #4 - Favorites
Just Keep On Creating -  Challenge #1 - Anything goes
Wishcraft - Waste not Wednesday's - Week 16
Creative Card Crew - Challenge #9 - Ribbon
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Use Punches/Dies
Flourishes - Timeless Tuesday #166 - Bingo - Ribbon, Pink and Diecut
The Ribbon Carousel Challenge - RCC50 Anything goes with Where she goes
365 Cards - Day 57 - Try a technique (Making a pattern with lots of pieces of paper)
Scrapbook Sisters - Anything Goes




Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment.  Everyone appreciates comments on their blog.  I hope my card inspires someone else to at least try doing something you are not comfortable with creating and do the best you can do despite how it turns out.  There is usually someone who likes it and if not - you tried something that was challenging for you.  It doesn't really matter if anyone else likes it or not.  Have a fantastic day and remember - Keep on creating!!

30 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch, Gloria!!! Thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my project. New follower to you. wendy xx
    p.s. come visit me again and join my two candies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely compliment Wendy. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Have a fantastic day!!

      Delete
  2. Gloria: Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some"love". Your card is adorable. I do love that tag with the house. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your compliment Bernadette. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a super day!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Gloria,

    Thank you for your comment on my card! I came for a peek here too, you make lovely cards as well... Love to come back here for some more.

    X Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. Have a fantastic day!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Gloria........love your take on the sketch,great card:) The papers are pretty too! Thankyou for visiting me and leaving kind words....I like what you create too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey for the lovely compliment. I appreciate you visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  5. Gloria, the lines look straight to me! I don't have a good history with straight lines either but my excuse is that I am always in a hurry! Don't follow the golden rule of check twice cut once! I console myself with the idea that it is meant to look home-made! I love the idea of a chair sitting in the lounge just waiting for me to sit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susan. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment. It means a lot to me. Thanks for the boost of confidence. Maybe the more I do it; the better I will get. :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. It's an art to keep something really straight :) which I still fail to do so... :)
    Thanks for joining us at 365cards
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle for the comment and for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the support. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  7. I think you did a great job and I don't see anything crooked! It's a wonderful card and I love the papers you chose :)

    Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda for your support. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and for your lovely compliment. Have a fantastic day!!

      Delete
  8. Great card. Thanks again for playing at FTTC. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather for the compliment and for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the support. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  9. gorgeous! thanks for joining in this week at AUD Sentiments! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the compliment Gemma. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  10. this is a really lovely card Gloria, I love anything to do with chairs and I love the happy colours you have used as well, really lovely.

    you really can't tell you struggle with straight lines, you have done a great job

    Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much SuzArte. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. Have a fabulous day!!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful card! I love the stamp and pretty papers you used.


    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl for the lovely compliment and thanks for the invite. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  12. This is great thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan for the compliment and for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  13. Cute little card. You did a great job on the sketch you followed. Thank you for sharing this with us in our April Anything Goes challenge on Art With No Boundaries.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chris for the lovely compliment. I love the challenges. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  14. Great card!! Thanks for joining in with the S J Crafts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and for stopping by my blog to leave a comment. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  15. Great card pretty colours thanks for joining us at S J Crafts this month.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny for the compliment and for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great day!!

      Delete

Hi to all you wonderful bloggers!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments and support. I would love to have you as a member. Thanks so much. Hope you enjoy my blog. Gloria